View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 09:22 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm sure members remember our recent efforts to answer the call from Alizée to donate to the project 'Inseme' which was to raise money for an apartment so relatives of Corsican patients had a place to stay in Marseille when they had a family member undergoing medical treatments there.

I received a letter from Inseme yesterday. I scanned through an online OCR, then interpreted it with Google translate. It's a report of the results of their efforts.

Inseme 001.jpg

"Madame, Monsieur,
As everyone knows, Corsica is the only French region in which there is no UHC. Some
specialties are not practiced and the local health care offer can not answer totally
to the needs of the region. Every year CPAM records about 18,000 trips on the
continent for medical reasons and this problematic, which affected at least once each

family living on the island, causes many material and financial difficulties.

It is to face this specific problem that the INSEME Association, created in 2009, and
Recognized of general interest, is mobilized to ensure:

- an INFORMATION MISSION (support to administrative procedures, to the
search for accommodation, dissemination of information relating to the assumption of responsibility for transport
by health insurance, financial aid etc ...)

- A MISSION OF SOLIDARITY (put in touch with volunteers in Corsica and on the
continent, defending the rights and interests of families, issuing financial support
for transport and accommodation costs not covered by the Health Insurance).

In recent years, 80% of the families we have supported have come to
Marseille to access care and very often they have been faced with the difficulty of finding
accommodation. Our main partner the Association "A Roof for my parents" already has
9 apartments near the Timone but its structure is saturated today.

So we decided to buy a 10th "apartment intended to accommodate the parents of children
hospitalized by launching the "1 month for 1 roof" collection on the www.move.corsica Platform with the
support from our partners: Corse-Matin, RCFM and Qwant.

On the occasion of an unprecedented mobilization, thanks to your participation, and that of 1,538
other donors, we were able to gather in one month € 128,710.50 which will allow us to
to acquire an apartment and make it available free of charge to the Association "A roof
for my parents " ! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your generosity!

As expected, in addition to the tax deduction that your donation allows, we are happy
to offer you a membership card to the INSEME Association,

Sincerely, l, / _, \
K.

Laetitia CUCCHI
The president"

At least someone appreciated our modest donation.