View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 12:52 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
This is the good news? Is she a professional dancer now or something?
No, but finally, after all these years, she is finally getting that she is a performer - NOT a singer. Her magic is the total package.

As a child, cute plus a decent voice plus good songs was enough. She hit a sweet spot and sailed to the top. As an adult, a decent voice is not enough. She would have to have a GREAT voice to get to the top. She doesn't. Don't get me wrong, I really like her voice. I am simply not allowing my own reaction to influence an objective viewpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Starts relationship, screws up career. History repeating itself?....
Very funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
....I don't like the way she looks these days either so I couldn't see how she was going to put on any sort of show that I would enjoy....
I agree. The show was insufficient in many ways. In addition to being poorly promoted, there is a long list if deficiencies that kept it from working, including:
1. She changed her look, just when a new fan base fell in love with the old one.
2. The new looks was not as good overall as the old one. Also, it simply wasn't her.
3. The new album was mediocre.
4. She was not putting together a good enough show. 6 dancers was simply not enough. She would have had to do a lot better than she was planning to do in order to make it work. Don't get me wrong, it would have been a fun night, especially for fans, but ticket prices were too high for what the audience was perceiving that the show would actually be. Also, since it would have been based largely on Blonde, people simply were not drawn to the combination.
5. 6. 7. etc.

I am guessing that, the reason she cancelled the entire tour (instead of just some of the dates), is because DALS did not want the possible negative publicity of Alizée in a mediocre show. It would have reduced her potential as a draw to the DALS Tour. Remember that she was VERY popular last year, and was a key draw for the Tour. Although she won't be the new winner this year, she will still be very popular to this crowd - PROVIDED that she does not mess it up by having negative ratings for "her" show.

If I were DALS, I would have made cancelling her tour as a condition of her joining the DALS Tour. In my opinion, she made the right choice. It is better to be a party to a success that the head of a failure. Had her show bombed, it really would have been the end of her career. Instead, she has changed "certain death into a fighting chance to live."

Overall, I support her decision.