View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 05:56 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road
Default Mademoiselle Juliette video

Does anyone know the real meaning behind this video?
It has always been kind of bizarre to me.

Considering the lyrics of the song (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5529), it seems obvious that Alizée plays the role of Juliette from the famous tragedy of Shakespeare. But this "modern" Juliette is fed up with her role, she wants to be free to live her life without following what the writer initially established for her (now that I wrote this, it seems to be a clear reference to you-know-who...).
If I remember correctly, there should be an interview of Alizée where she explains this stuff, but I don't know where it is.

But, anyway, what is pretty dark to me is the figure of that girl with the mask... The only meaning that I find behind her is that she may represent the voice of Juliette's conscience. The voice that told her that it was time to leave Romeo (who may represent "the law" of the writer) and to be finally free.
This may be confirmed by the fact that both this girl and Juliette have a tattoo on the back, which may show the connection between the two of them. It seems to be a futile thing, but I don't think it is fortuitous. It is too evident.

Another thing which is obscure to me is the end of the video: all the girls are dancing and suddenly everyone falls to the ground and there is only that girl with the mask standing. This means that even Juliette fell...
The video ends with this girl who takes the mask off and leaves the scene.
I don't know what to think here.

Moreover everything becomes a little more complicated (and I would say interesting) if you consider Juliette as a metaphor of Alizée herself. But this makes the end of the video even darker... Or should we say phrofetic? Obviously this is speaking in hindsight and it isn't the correct meaning. So there must be something else...
What do you think?