Thread: Mes Fantômes
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 11:42 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

1) It's becoming by my favourite song on UEDS (along with Eden, Eden), probably because (imo) its the most mature song Alizée's ever sung. It's a perfect ending to the album and completes her evolution from girl into woman. However, it's not unrecognisable from her early stuff, it still has some of the feelings of vulnerability we got from songs like Parler Tout Bas, but overall it feels far more grown-up and sophisticated than songs from her teenage albums.

2) It doesn't make me feel particularly sad, but I find that it's one of those songs I can listen to at the end of a stressful day and just relax and forget about everything. It's sort of contemplative and dreamy feeling.

3 and 4) I think that this song has the best vocal from Alizée of the album, and coupled with a beautifully haunting melody I'm beginning to think that it's one of the all-time greatest Alizée songs. It perfectly shows off her vocal range, switching between moody lows and perfectly-pitched high notes (the way she sings 'ma prière' near the end of the song is just ). I also love the echo-effect that's going on throughout the song, to which it owes its sorta ghostly, haunting side. My only criticism would be that the electro-instruments used don't make full use of the the quality of the composition. It's such a beautiful melody, but (aside from the vocals) the instruments don't really do it justice. I'd love to hear an acoustic version of the song, which would hopefully remedy this.