Thread: Les Enfoirés
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 07:40 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Keep in mind that she, or they, would have to be invited. There is no reason why they would invite him, so it would simply be her or not her.

I think the question is whether they would even invite her after so many years of absence. If she had a blossoming career they would consider her as a possibility. However, after so many years of absence, and as she is barely in the public eye, an invitation would be a long shot.
Just for fun, I did some research on Lorie, one of Les Enfoires long running participants. As with Alizee, Lorie had early success with her albums, selling over 1 million copies of each in France. Her next five albums dropped off sharply in sales with her 6th album (2011) selling 10K in France and 7th (2012) selling 11.5K. She didn't put out an album for five years, then in November, 2017 she put out her 8th. It peaked at #57 in France, which is even lower than her 6th album, which sold only 10K. Music-wise, Lorie seemed to have suffered a similar fate as Alizee.

It looks like Lorie has had some guest spots on a few TV series in the last decade, and seems to do quite a bit of voice-overs. Alizee has had some TV time during the same time span, with DALS for multiple years, winning a pastry competition, and at least one game show that I know of.

The point being is that Alizee and Lorie is a good apple to apple comparison, and Lorie keeps getting invited to Les Enfoires year after year. I don't think Alizee has become too obscure to invite.

Interesting thing I found out while reading Lorie's Wiki page - she and Garou were engaged to be married at one point, and Garou broke it off in 2010.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The only if is, they may have picked a cast for the show already, that's even if there is a show to begin with after the wife of the founder passed away this year.
On the Les Enfoires web site, it looks as though they are going to have a 2019 show, but they do not specify who the artists will be.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 09-24-2018 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts