View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matevz91 View Post
You certainly have a point there. Good thinking.

But, what if one realizes at advanced age, that he/she has wasted his/her life on certain things, perhaps because he never asked himself whether other possibilites exist? ==> I mean, perhaps instead of wasting his life on supporting 4 children, he should have gone with only 2 and spend the rest of his resources on his own education, hobbies...

Or perhaps an artist or scientist realizes that he has wasted his career on things he doesn`t really like and finds out, that he has lost his independence ("innocence") when he "grew up" (that is, when he accepted conformance to common ideas or ways of doing things)... perhaps only then he realizes, that this small woman from the far past is something he needs for inspiration ... to try to do things he would like to do the last time in his life...

You know, Alizée is not just a person, is not just someone we hear when we listen to UEDS or MCE, when we look at our computer desktop, ... as per my understanding, she is foremost a symbol, a symbol of Alizée-ness, which has a different meaning to every individual.

Just perhaps, only for certain persons and only at ones advanced age, will one start to begin to understand, what Alizée-ness really is... and that really is something that is worth telling your grandchildren about.

Therefore, being a fan for life - not possible. But being alizee-ish for life - totally plausible.
I've been a member of this forum for almost three years now (that's crazy to me, doesn't feel like that long at all) and I've seen members who have come and gone, and members who have been here far longer than I have and are still going strong. I've seen many, many, many posts and threads exploring "Alizee-ness", but I don't think I'll ever fully understand it because it seems to be a man thing. I do understand, though, that she's more than just a person to those fans who have stuck around as long as some of us here have. As someone who has never been "nuts" about Alizee, I can't really say much about that other than yes, I know that many people here see her as a symbol of that weird quality that brought us all here.

I think I will be Alizee-ish for life because in my early fan days, she was a big influence on my behavior and even my appearance. She taught me to demonstrate grace in not-so-ideal situations, behave kindly, professionally, and respectfully towards everyone, and that being beautiful or even sexy means being natural, as she says in my signature.

I cannot, however, imagine "going nuts" over any person, much less sixty years from now... once again, maybe it's just a man thing

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée