View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road
Default Posting for VVVACCCPLPNLY

Please read the following email I received from VVV:
Hey, this is VVV. Just copy-paste and quote this into a post on the promotion thread you started: I left my house about 9am. I texted back and forth between MYGOGT to set specific details. I was worried I may have trouble convincing my dad I needed to get to Books A Million in Petersburg, but when I said I would be looking for a job (which I did do after our meeting, I am not a liar), he said 'Yeah, you probably should.' I saw MYGOGT's GOGT, and headed over to him. He and I spoke a bit, but due to time constraints, didn't have time for much else. But he gave me some demo discs to hand out. First, since I actually wanted to work at BAM, I went there first. I walked in, spoke to the manager about my personal business there (she didn't ask my favorite book, though I had the answer prepared!), I went and tucked one disc between the two copies of Lolita they have in stock. The cd case was ticking out, I figure if someone goes for Lolita (they have evidently sold a few copies, since I have been keeping track out of sheer curiosity), they will most certainly see the disc, and hopefully be interested. Next I went to the music store. They have only ever had one French disc in stock, and it disappeared within a week of being put on the shelf. So, I placed a demo disc there, too, underneath the little 'Music of France' placard. As for personal interactions, I did receive one positive response. I went to a game store looking to apply, but the guy started asking me what games I played, trying to get a sale. But I used WoW against him. And explained that it led me to Alizée, and was the best thing video games ever did for me. He seemed pretty interested in the fact she was French, and I explained some raw details, just enough to wet his appetite. So I handed him my last disc. Pointed out the sites on the back. He took to it pretty well. So I will go back by there later to see how it went. Other than that, not much. Thanks to MYGOGT for all he did. Sorry guys, I can't get on!

Good job VVV! I was able to give out another in Va and two more in NH.