View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 09:06 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

@Scruffy

Well, I think that someone better start thinking about that problem, and that as soon as possible, because who knows for how much time the Hub will stay to be available, and that especially because no more a lot of fans are connected to the Hub these days and thus all the stuff that they have on their share nobody can download from them anymore. I know that many of our fans, eg lappy is just one of them, has said that they have a huge collection (200 GB) of their content, but if he and others are no more connected to the Hub, no use of it.

Something should be done to solve the problem of possibility of losing of all the Alizée content. And I'm afraid that task will be not easy thing to do. Just consider this: Somebody will have to collect all the collection of Alizée content from multiple of fans who have a great collection of stuff. And even you'll not find all those fans anymore easily because hardly they are even here at the AAm forum, so you'll have to contact them somehow. Then you'll have to collect from them all the stuff of their share they have, then you'll have to sort all that stuff to see what you have, eg to find duplicates of the pictures, videos, etc, everything. Then take of all the duplicates the best quality content, ie the best quality of pics, videos, etc, and then all that stuff you'll have to upload somewhere on the internet with a huge storage capacity, I don't know how much huge, but let's say 1 TB or so (for disk storage 1 TB is 1000 GB).
Keep in mind that in the following years there will be a new content to upload, so for starters you'll have to have enough storage capacity to begin with, and consider possibility to upgrade to more storage capacity in the future.

See, a huge job is ahead of us if we really want to preserve all that stuff for all our present and future fans. And, as I said, it will not be easy job to do, and the most probably it will not be for free.