View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Mostly what I'll be adding in weeks to come is videos I added subtitles to. At first I was going to add 'subtitles' or 'with subtitles' to the end. I don't think there is a need to add 'English' with that.

But I think it might be best to add subtitles early in the file name so when a computer just shows the first part of a title, you will know right away it has subs in it.

For instance one file I added subs to was....
2015-07-25-Alizee-50mnInside-UneStarUneHistoire-TF1(720)
So I changed it to 2015-07-25-Alizee- (Subtitles) 50mnInside-UneStarUneHistoire-TF1(720)

Can anyone think of a better way of doing it?

In some cases where I added subs, I cut out some sections of the original clip in which case I'll probably add 'shortened' to the end to make sure people know the original was longer.
We've got a universal naming convention in use at the Hub. I'll send you some samples to your PM there and if you have any questions just ask.

If you are having problems accessing private chat maybe because you closed the notification tab before reading it, follow these steps:

1) Right click on the nick of the person you want to chat with (or read the chat from) in the list of people who are currently online (the upper right-hand window).

2) Choose "send private message." the chat window will pop up and you can either send an outgoing message, or read that person's incoming messages. If you want to read more of the PREVIOUS messages after a re-boot, then change the number of lines retrieved by DC++ to a higher number. Don't close that tab if you are having an ongoing conversation with that person! The tab will be highlighted every time there is a new message.

3) Make sure you haven't accidentally checked the "ignore chat" box. There were people back in the day that used to think they could create flame posts or share stuff in violation of Hub policy by claiming "I NEVER read private chat... so I will ignore it until you ban me." Those were usually the same guys that would whine and cry in one forum of another that "digi banned me for NO REASON... he's a BAD BAD MAN!!!" So I instituted a rule in the hub that you MUST respond to a private chat from an Operator (like ME for example). You don't need to write War and Peace, just a simple "got it" or "OK" will suffice.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by digimaze; 01-09-2017 at 03:24 PM..