View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Depends on the woman on how they are apt to react. Although H. may have embellished the reaction (a little) women do tend to compete. If she thinks you are measuring her against another woman than her reaction will depend in part on how important you are to her and in part on her own self image.

Basically, in a nutshell, HelixSix makes a good point. Go easy on introducing a new girlfriend to your interest in Alizée. Again, all in due time.
Males compete as well. Males' reactions depend on how important someone is to them and their own self-image. This is not limited to just females. None of it is. Biological makeup does not equal how you react socially or mentally. Just because of what you have hanging down below (or lack thereof)

And HelixSix never made that point. He said don't show any Alizée-related material at any time because it's relationship suicide.

You are right, however, in saying that one should go easy in introducing Alizée, or any newly-found fandom, to a female friend. Let me expand it though. One should go easy in introducing a newly-found fandom to any friend. Though I do prefer ambushing my friends with new-found music all the time. But they expect that from me anyways cuz I'm a music-head.

But my point is that any statement made here applies to men as well. It applies to anybody. Not only women react in this fashion. Men do as well. The only thing that men and women do deals with bodily functions & even that is now debatable due to advancements in the medical field.

That is all I have on this matter.

Regards,

~Grand Master Wise