View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 07:19 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
The way I read this, Alizee seems to be saying that she has had "highly variable mood" all her life.

In other words, her "highly variable mood" is not situational--- like her shyness, it is a lifelong trait.

That's how I read it. Alizee is saying that she has highly variable mood by nature, and that Greg has a calming influence on her.

Would you agree with that interpretation?
First, let's agree that the interview as a whole leaves a little to be desired in it's translation to English. If you didn't read it, I provided a link to the Word document and you will see what I mean.

"Highly variable mood" can mean what? Her mood changes by the hour? minute? It comes down to what she means by "highly". My guess is that the best English interpretation is that she is just "moody", and she knows it. The saying that Rev pointed out "Sunny day, Sunny Alizee, Cloudy day...." you get the picture. Moodiness can be a lifelong condition, but if you break moodiness down using science, it is a function of the levels of dopamine and serotonin in the brain and what builds (or depletes) these levels.

I grew up in the Snow Belt, lived the majority of my adult life (30 years) in the Sun Belt, but in the last six years back in the Snow Belt. The first few winters back in the Snow Belt were tough, not just because of the cold, but also of the persistent gray skies. I was gloomy a lot. During a routine blood test, my Dr. found low vitamin D-3 levels, which is a by-product of sun exposure. I immediately started a regiment of 10,000 IU of D-3 and used a full spectrum lamp for 20 minutes each morning in the winter. No more winter blues. My body was just accustomed to regular doses of sun, which I wasn't getting anymore.

Apply the same reasoning to Alizee. According to Current Results (weather and science facts),

https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...f-sunshine.php

Ajaccio gets 157 days of strong sun and 64 days of weak sun per year.

Paris gets 51 days of strong sun and 152 days of weak sun per year.

That is quite a difference. Being that most of her 20's were spent in Paris, I'm sure she felt the difference in her moods. She probably craved sunny days like getting a fix of drugs. She seems to be self-aware that her mood fluctuates with the weather. If I were her doctor (oh please please!) I would suggest that she get her D-3 levels checked.