View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 02:40 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I will risk commenting on the subject even if I should maybe keep the newcomer low profile attitude to avoid problems...

I am new to this forum but I did read some of the discussions about UEDS before becoming a member. I would just like to mention that it certainly might have been better for Alizée’s career if UEDS sold more copies, but who knows, maybe the poor sales will turn out to be beneficial in some way. An album that is not selling well is not necessarily the end of an artist’s career. Maybe she’ll reinvent herself once more, or maybe she’ll work again with MF and LB. Maybe she’ll return to more dancing in her act and sexier outfits. Maybe she’ll start producing one album per year and tour extensively. Maybe Alizée will turn out to be more of whatever it is that you personally like about her.

Myself, I do like most tracks on UEDS, even if it is musically quite far from anything I usually listen to. It did open my horizons. I also respect Alizée even more for trying something quite risky and for presenting an album that is an honest piece of work.

As I mentioned in a different thread, I just discovered Alizée a few weeks ago, but I quickly found out that she is amazing in many different ways... It would be a petty for anyone to concentrate on one single piece of work she produced that does not seem to “work” or is not “successful” enough. By the way, I was first stunned by her physical beauty in the famous JEAM outfit, but I am so happy I did try to see if there was more to Alizée than a nymphet singing pop songs. I discovered a beautiful woman (at least the side of her we are allowed to see), an angel really. A simple smile from Alizée can fill me with joy and happiness and I can certainly forgive her for whatever she has done that is not to my liking. And yes, there has been a few things...