View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 01:47 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Hi, everyone!
I know this is something you have already talked about here, but it is a question I'm also asking myself. So I'd like to discuss this with you, so that I hope we can understand better our feelings.

I apologize in advance if I'm not completely clear, but that's something I would find difficult to explain even in my mother tongue.

So, what does Alizée mean to me?

I'll start from the beginning and give some context.
I've never been in love in my lifetime. Never found a girl I wanted to even just know better. Yes, I've met a lot of girls and have some female friends but, even though some of them were cute and/or pleasant, I never really felt anything I could call love towards one of them. Maybe once I thought I was in love with one of my friend in high school, but everything came back to normal after 3 weeks.
Stayed that way until about 3/4 years ago.
Than I saw this video.

https://youtu.be/zfXBNQMj2SE

And everything changed.
I had never seen anything more beautiful than that girl. She was (is) more incredible than any human being and everything my eyes had ever seen. Her voice and eyes indescribable.
Since then, I began to search everything about her and follow her life.
Day after day, I saw what an incredible personality she had and, above all, I felt as though her singing voice was speaking directly to my heart. So I realized that she wasn't just a singer, she was someone much more important. I realized that she was part of me.
And now, after all this time, I still feel the same and that my life would be incomplete without her.
There isn't a day I don't think about her. Everything about her drives me crazy: her smile, her voice, her way to speak, her way to do everything. Sometimes I found myself thinking of her and I realize that my heartbeat is accelerated.
I've never felt anything like this toward something or someone.
Is this love? Am I in love with Alizée?
I know I've never met her and that I don't actually know how she is, but, as I was saying, she speaks directly my heart and I just don't know what is all this. Is it possible to be in love with someone you have never met?

I was thinking that this might me something really similar to what I studied about Dante Alighieri and Jaufre Rudel. They were two poets that describes a very peculiar type of love. I can't explain it really well in English (I studied this at school maybe 6 years ago), so, if you are interested, I could search some English articles about them or anyway I recommend you to read something about them.
However I can tell you that they felt love for women they can't have. Rudel fell in love with an African countess through the poems he heard about her. Dante fell in love with Beatrice: he saw her only 3 times (she was married to another man and died aged 24), but nevertheless she was his first and only love. I don't know how much you know about italian poetry, but, just to be sure you understand the importance Beatrice had for Dante, he made her the most important figure of his masterpiece (and maybe the most important work of our literature): she was his guide through Paradise in the "Divina Commedia".

I'm sorry I can't explain better their poetry, but it would be too complicated to do it in English. As I said I recommend you to read about them.

So, back to Alizée. What are my heart and mind feeling? I can't speak/look at any other girl without thinking "she is not like Alizée". That's true even if I only consider the mere aesthetic point of view: to me no top model can reach her.

I don't know if I seem weird or crazy, but I needed to tell this thing to someone.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
She's like a candle lit in a dark room.
I really like this metaphor: it works better than a thousand words

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-12-2019 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts