View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Why?

I must be really stupid because I still don't understand this approach at all.

If I made a record (God forbid) here in the UK and the good people of Britain decided it was a pile of crap but the good people of China or India decided it was the best thing since sliced bread I'd be more than happy for millions of Chinese or Indian people to buy it. I still don't understand why ANY company trying to sell ANY product would limit potential sales by restricting its marketing to a single domestic market. What am I missing here?
That would be fine if the whole world spoke one language, but we don't. I've seen so much of it in this country with my attempts to promote her music. So many people enjoy the sound of her voice, they enjoy the music, but so much is lost to them, because they can't understand the story.

I believe it was said early on that the focus of this album will be her French fans, which of course means the album will be almost entirely in French, so it will mean the most to those who speak French, so it's most important for them to focus on French speaking people. Now though there are many French speaking fans around the world, the largest concentration is in France, and after 2 albums that at best saw mediocre success, she has to concentrate on an area that understands French, but I think also on fans that will feel a certain loyalty to someone who is from France.

If she can not succeed in France, she wont succeed elsewhere. Do I get a free eclair for mentioning France or French so many times?

EDIT: I think there is also the possibility if this album does well in France, they might rewrite a song or 2 into English and then focus on her foreign fans.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-11-2012 at 05:52 PM..