View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 12:15 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

That is way too close to be an accident. I can see where the beat might be the same or even a riff or two. But in this case it is almost with in a note or two of being just a bad cover band. What, did they think people wouldn't remember a song written five years ago? They are either total idiots to keep doing this or they're doing it for publicity. I think the latter.

Translation of article.

The two pieces, mixed together, are here

Alizée plagiarized by Coldplay? Surprising as it may seem, is what many fans of the young singer, relaying information on their blogs and other webzines on the internet. At Viva la Vida, one of its last planetary tubes out this year, the British group would in fact largely inspired I'm tired, a song of the former muse of Mylène Farmer output in 2003.

And indeed, if we listen attentively to the offending piece, it is clear that resembles the title of Alizée. Apart from a few different arrangements and words that have obviously nothing to do, the same agreements and almost the same pace. Possible explanations for this disturbing similarity: the melody of Viva La Vida and I was so tired "banal" it necessarily looks to many existing tracks. So voluntary plagiarism or coincidence?

Denial of the English quartet

Anyway, this is not the first time the group Coldplay, and in particular singer Chris Martin, are dealing with plagiaires. Beginning in 2008, Andrew Hoepfner, leader of creaky Boards, obscure group had accused New York, including internet, Chris Martin for his largely inspired by their song The Song I Did not Write (translate the song I did not written ...).
This title has been played by the group during a concert in New York in October 2007 in which the singer of Coldplay attended.

At that first indictment, the British quartet has already responded. In a denial issued in June 2008 by the English music magazine NME (New Musical Express), he said, evidence that Chris Martin has never attended the concert in question as it was in recording session in a studio in London.

Remains "the case Alizée." And to silence the rumor circulating on the web globalized, there is no doubt that Coldplay will have a good explanation. It is expected therefore denied the next, final and without appeal.

Last edited by ALS; 09-27-2008 at 12:36 AM..