View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I would like to see an album basically pop in nature, but with a rock edge to it. When I was waiting for Psychédélices to come out, for some reason I thought she might move a bit more towards a sound like Superbus. I still was quite happy with Psych, but it does sound a little thin at times. I guess if I was her, I would avoid making the whole album a style of music that fits in a narrow niche or genre. I think she really needs to win over the mainstream with more of a mainstream sound.

I really like how her old songs sounded when played during En Concert. LB’s music, with its lush keyboard arrangements fortified with some crunchy electric guitar was a great sound, in my opinion. Her voice worked well in that situation. I’d like to hear something more like that, and I’d like her to take advantage of her lower register a bit more again. I have missed that.

Finally, I would like it to be mostly sung in French, but I think it would be nice to have a Spanish song and one or two English songs included. Hopefully, that would make everyone happy. And if possible release it in the USA...

Maybe this time around Alizée's record company has taken over selecting the music for her. I hate to see anyone dictating to Alizée, but maybe this is an area where she truly needs some help. With the right producer working with her, she could really make one hell of an album. We've seen it before with MF/LB. We shouldn't assume though, that MF/LB are the only ones in the world capable of producing a great album for Alizée. But maybe a great producer is what has been missing.