View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I've spent some time this afternoon looking through some of the old videos I have to try to sort them out. One was an .iso for a fan made DVD so I burned it to see what it was. It's an AV biography and has a lot of the footage from her early performances at the Empire in Ajaccio. Nothing that isn't on YouTube but it was all in one place. She had learned many of the movements she'd use later already by then, and she could execute them effortlessly. I suppose she has a natural talent for movement, or something like that. Or perhaps I just see what I want to see.

Maybe I don't think of all the moving around she does as dancing. But I'm also thinking about how there are so many old videos that most have seen many, many times. Then there are the handful of performances from "5" where she's basically still. The JVB 'dancing' is certainly welcome! When compared to the archives, she's not really dancing much.

I also went and watched Toc Du mac from En Concert again. It really showed how much it seems that she likes to perform and gets energized from the crowd. I wish she'd get the chance to do that some more.

Well, for me, I'd go see her sitting at a table signing things. I'd really love to see her performing like she was able to in En Concert sometime. Whether I call it dancing or not.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 07-07-2013 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: adding some pictures