View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
I sure hope they get past the slow battle system of KOTOR because it's really not gonna work in a mmorpg. Well atleast not for me, I've always hated turnbased, too slow and too boring. Tactics > strategy.

The strength of Wow in my eyes is the feeling of freedome. The feeling of freedome and easy-to-use interface and gameplay makes it so pleasent to get into and so noob friendly that everyone just fall in love with it from the beginning. At the same time it got deepth, you can get really nerdy and go really advanced at the same time with the vast variation of skills, spells, abilities, talent builds, etc...

The graphics were great too, they didn't aim for photorealistic GPU consuming über graphics, they aimed for a more arty/cartoonish style that worked well with the somewhat humerous style making it fun to explore and visit new areas and places for the exploring type of player.
On top of this you got a large amount of documentation for the background story and characters already set by the Warcraft series. And the game itself contains alot of books and reading for the lore interested kind.
This mix of elements creates a large scope that covers all sorts of players, girls and boys, war-minded and peaceful, explorers and lore-freaks...

Star Wars as a mmo is a hard nut to crack. Everyone can't be a Jedi, everyone can't be Darth Vader or the Emperor. This leaves you with a blaster and a stupid helmet and this isn't exactly the highest dream of a Star Wars nerd. What they need to do is to create something new in the world of mmo's in order to beat Wow.

KOTOR III with multiplayer compabilities simply won't do the trick.
I played Galaxies and if KOTOR MMO is KOTOR 1-2 PLUS the enviroment of Galaxies I think it can be a huge hit. Because well how many games do you know where you can own a star destroyer . Galaxies is one. Now this game will have all kinds of species and classes and hopefully world by world transportation, meaning buy your own ship and travel planet to planet however you please.

But I beg them for this game to kill WoW because it's just a huge drug.

All you need is 1 Truck.

Last edited by Youpidou1; 01-02-2009 at 02:21 AM..