View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I hope Alizée knows that the source of the humor was not her, but the way the lyrics were written in English. She did nothing wrong. I never could understand that if MF/LB wanted to make a serious effort breaking Alizée into the English speaking markets, why they didn’t do a better job of creating good English lyrics. My guess has always been that they were targeting audiences whose SECOND language is English, and not the US market.

As far as the dream of singing with Madonna, I imagine Alizée hoped to someday do so, but on a French TV show. Alizée wants to have her cake and eat it too. I can’t tell whether Alizée would have interest in the US at this point or not. I still think she would consider it if our fan base was already large enough to support her, as was the case in Mexico. I don’t think she will try to do it on her own. Let’s also remember that much of this is decided by the record companies. They would probably incur the cost of any US promotion and would like to have a payback. Then again, if she fails to have success in France, they may consider other markets. Who knows for sure.

One final note; all of the songs on Alizée’s first 2 albums are registered at ASCAP in the US, and many of them are administered by ACTS FOUR TWELVE MUSIC, PORTER RANCH, CA. (ASCAP is an association that collects your airplay royalties in the US.) I don’t know when this was done, but someone must have considered that at some point these songs might end up on the air in the USA. A while back, Decollage appeared at ASCAP and very recently, so did Mademoiselle Juliette. Decollage is administered by W B MUSIC CORP, LOS ANGELES, CA, and Mademoiselle Juliette is administered by SONY ATV MUSIC PUBLISHING, NASHVILLE, TN. One thing to note, these databases are usually quite slow at being updated. So is this a sign that they were hoping this music would hit the US market? Or maybe just a precaution? I don’t know.