View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 03:16 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Well spoken Scruffy. I love her singing in English, but some of the lyrics of those songs just seemed poorly chosen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I hope Alizée knows that the source of the humor was not her, but the way the lyrics were written in English. She did nothing wrong. I never could understand that if MF/LB wanted to make a serious effort breaking Alizée into the English speaking markets, why they didn’t do a better job of creating good English lyrics. My guess has always been that they were targeting audiences whose SECOND language is English, and not the US market....
I never thought of that. That mkes sense. I twould explain some of the lyrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
To be honest, I'm a huge Alizee fan, mainly because she sings in French. Although I'm working on this language to understand what she is singing.

I'm not really a fan of her english versions, I even bought the french edition of Mes Courants Electriques instead of the European version, so that those english songs are not included How twisted is that?

On the other hand I love her version of La Isla Bonita & Sound of Silence

I'm really hoping she continues with french songs, which suits her best
As much as I like her singing in French, I hope she makes another stab at English. The Christmas song provides a glimmer of hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That's something I wondered about too. Even though I'm sure she knows now, that the reason was because of the poor re-writing of these songs, at the time, I'll bet she didn't know and took if very personnaly. It might have been very depressing to her and may have played a big part in her decision to run off and start a family when she did.
I don't think that the English songs had much, if anything, to do with her stepping away. Too low on the totem pole.

However, I do wish that someone would do a rewrite and she would re-record a couple of them (I know... that time is past). She comes through so intensely in a couple of spots with the lyrics that I believe if the songs were rewritten then she would have the potential to really blow away an English audience.

Here's hoping that she includes an English song on (the export version of) the new album.