View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 07:33 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Thomas Dumont is her agent.
Yes, thank you Ben.Daly!

The name rang a bell once I read it. My memory is not the same as it used to be.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
From all I’ve read, Alizée was popular 20 years ago when Moi Lolita came out, no more recently than that. I was a bit discouraged to learn this but it’s what I think. Is she not a one hit wonder? I still like her dance videos and she’s obviously so beautiful, I would just say her popularity in France didn’t last more than about 3 years at most.
From what I have read, France does not have a good track record of supporting their home grown artists for very long, unless your name happens to be Mylene. This especially holds true for female artists. This apparently is such a problem that the French government mandates that French radio stations play French artists 30% (I believe this is the correct figure) of the time.

A female artist named Louane is currently experiencing the same track as Alizee did. A big first album (2x Diamond with 1.8 million copies sold in France), followed by a still big but not as much second album (3x Platinum, selling 400K in France), then a Gold third album in 2020 (only 50K sold in France).

Then there are other factors in Alizee losing favor among the French after her second album: she grew up, leaving her Lolita image behind; the split with Mylene, which was considered traitorous to many; her getting married, which took her "off the market" and crushing many a young man's dreams; her hiatus and lack of contact with her fans ("out of sight, out of mind" applies here).

Even so, there still was a sizable remnant of French fans that have stayed true to Alizee throughout the years. Since twenty years have passed and Alizee has remained visible, I believe then trend will continue to go in her favor.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
The people who are joining the Facebook group are joining because they are interested in the 2000-2003 Alizee. They're not particularly interested in the 2021 Alizee.
Then you have the people like me. Interested in the 2000 Alizee, the 2021 Alizee and every year in between.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 11-08-2021 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts