View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 02:03 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Vvv = 555.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Crap, I have to make a random post! I'm currently at 666! But yeah, I would like to point out that f this was going to be ntsc? If it were to be released, it would probably be pal, meaning it would not work on american dvd players. I have that problem with En Concert. It works on computers, but not dvd players. Is there a copy of En Concert that works on American dvd players?
666, VVV? Trouble, trouble, trouble.

Actually, it's not really the pal/ntsc choice that gives you problems - it's the embedded region code. (I run a video store, it's my business to know this.) DVD's for use in the U.S. are coded "Region 1", European discs get coded "Region 2"...and so on.

So the easiest thing would be to order "En Concert" from Mexico - they're also Region 1. So's Canada.

But if you order from Asia (via ebay or Amazon sellers), you can easily find discs designated "Region 0". Those are cool, cause they're NOT region-specific. They'll play anywhere, on your computer, on your dvd player, or whatever. They may even play on your crappy phone (lmao). Look for Region 0 or 1, shop internationally, save money, and buy with confidence.

Actually, I bought 2 "En Concerts": the first from Mexico (Region 1); and the second from Hong Kong (Region 0) because it had a better box to put out for rent at our store. But as it turned out, the Hong Kong version of the concert was 19 seconds longer, so I keep that one at home. In the case from Mexico.

Edit:

OH - AT THE RISK OF DOUBLEPOSTING HERE - BUT TO GET BACK TO THE POINT OF THIS THREAD:

Would I want a UEDS DVD with a slideshow of Lili photos?

No.

I just wouldn't. I'm busy listening. I don't want to have to look at something, especially something distracting.

What you're describing sounds to me a lot like a screensaver - one that lasts 36 minutes and 59 seconds and has a really great soundtrack. Do I want that? Do I need that? No and no.

And if I zoned out staring at the TV while watching such a screensaver, would I be vulnerable to cranial frying-pan attacks?

Yes.

Ouchy!

Last edited by Chuck; 04-13-2010 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts