View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 02:10 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'll first say that there is lot more I don't know than know about servers and web pages than I do know, but I'll offer some opinions on the little I know.

I'm sure Riccardo will not sell the server at a low price.

What we really want from AF is the all the posts that members made, offering opinions, experiences, translations, etc.

I don't see a way we can make that info available on our FB page other than posting a link to a web site server.

There are all different types of servers. There's a platform server which holds the operating system of in this case the forum.

There's also a file server where all the info is stored.

Now these both can be merged into the same unit, or they could be seperate. If they are seperate, I would think all we would need is the file server. It probably wont be easy to redo our software to access it, but it should be doable, if Ben is willing to work with us on this.

I wonder too about the power supply for the server(s). In Europe, they operate on a different voltage and frequency. Maybe the existing power supply can handle it or maybe getting another one will be an added expense.

Shipping too wont be cheap.

I see a big expense to get this done and so little going on with Alizee with nothing on the horizon, that I don't know if it's worth it?

It be a shame to lose it but que sera, sera.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-17-2017 at 04:27 PM..