View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road
Default THe nightmare is over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deligna View Post
Phew, i was afraid the hub had closed or something. Would be a nightmare considering i havent finished my share... Thanks for quick answer!
lol... Yes The Hub HAS been closed twice for more than a few hours: once in 2007 when I moved from California to Arizona and for two days this week during a move now that I have bought a new home. Other than that we've been in continuous operation since 2003, a fact that I am very proud of.

Naturally, like everything else in life, circumstances have necessitated changes over the years and we'll go over a few of them since I haven't done a Hub status update in quite a while.

1) POPASIA MERGER: It seemed a little silly (and maybe a little racist) to have a second Hub based solely of the ethnicity of the performer. Both Hubs have been merged to create the "Girl Pop Idol Hub" other wise known as "The Hub." Nothing else has changed except share size.

2) SHARE SIZE: This has not changed since 2005 and it's about damn time, and since you can use ANY qualifying female Pop vocalist clips to gain entry, it should not be a problem. We were plagued with people that would only share the minimum 1 GB, go into a download frenzy, then once they had the files they wanted, LEAVE without contributing anything. The Hub is a community, not just a free download site, and if you want it to grow and prosper then you need to do your part. I think I can say that without question that we have the largest collection of Alizee live clips and televised interviews available online anywhere in the world, but it takes each and every one of you to contribute to make sure that newer Alizee stuff gets online and shared by the Hub as soon as possible. So here are the changes:

REGISTERED MEMBER: 10 GB of qualifying clips. If you need to know what qualifies, then look at the top of this thread.

VIP MEMBERSHIP: 200 GB of qualifying clips, This allows admittance to the "VIP Room" with advance previews and exclusive content. You should have an active connection and be online as close to 24/7 as possible.

HUB OPERATOR: 2 TB of qualifying clips. These are the people who help me run the Hub by registering new members, providing technical support, and contributing the bulk of the new content for the Hub. An active connection and 24/7 connectivity is required.

3) POSTING NEW CONTENT: This can be done in main chat. The most important thing is to make sure you stay online until at least one of the Hubbers who is online 24/7 has the clips so it can be distributed. Once I have it in my own share, I will do frequent re-posts (crediting the original poster who brought it to the Hub of course) until I am reasonably sure everyone has the new clip.

--THE HUB CLOSING WITHOUT NOTICE: The most important thing to remember is COMMUNICATION and the Hub provides plenty of that. I don't reboot the Hub's server without making note of the fact in main chat and every time the Hub is going to be offline for more than a few hours I send a mass message to every hubber as well as messages in Main chat, VIP Chat and OP Chat. If it's a mystery to you why the hub is offline then you're just not paying attention!

But you MUST pay attention-- it is a Hub rule that you read and respond to all messages from the OPs in a timely fashion. I can't count how many times someone got kicked out of the Hub because they had a file that is not allowed in the Hub. They were warned by the Ops over and over again then they cry to me when they are on the outside looking in because my OPs failed to realize that they are special people for whom the rules just don't apply. It's like telling a cop when you run a red light "oh I don't pay attention to those things." Trust me, that doesn't work either.

You will always know when the Hub is going offline. Sure sometimes computers break down and you unexpectedly lose the Hub for a while but if you pay attention 90% of the time the 'down time' need not be a mystery to you--

Last edited by digimaze; 05-12-2016 at 01:45 AM..