View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

My reading comprehension has never been great, and certainly has diminished with age. I apologize if I somehow mis-interpreted:

Quote:
[2017-01-31 14:13] <digimaze>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^

LAST CALL

In exactly twelve hours this Hub will close.
And:

Quote:
[2017-02-01 02:13] <digimaze>

IT's TIME FOR MY BOOTHEELS TO BE WANDERIN'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EC2YYZE4KY

BYE BYE!!!!

[2017-02-01 02:13] *** Connection closed
[2017-02-01 02:15] *** Connecting to <girlpop.hopto.me:1209>...
[2017-02-01 02:16] *** Connection timeout

To mean that the hub had closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimaze View Post
Actually my Hub never closed. To be more accurate,...

When the Hub closed, those people found themselves out of the loop....

Based on the info I had from main chat posts, I (apparently falsely) concluded the hub had closed, and 'un-sticky-ed' the thread. Based on the new info I have, I am reversing my error. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimaze View Post
By "un-sticky-ing" this thread and replacing it with some new Hub brings our return into question....as well as the fact that the action against my Hub's place in this Forum seems to have been initiated by someone listed as an Operator for the new Hub, and it could be construed as a conflict of interest by some, and openly antagonistic by many.
I get the feeling most of Alizée's fans feel that their fandom is a hobby. I know I do. It's something you do because you want to do it, how you want to do it, and when you want to do it. It's not a business or anything. Conflict of interest? A hobby?

I've said many, many times that I'm an Alizée fan, and I want to help other fans learn about her, and make sure that the videos and photos are available for fans. (Check the stored chat logs.) After the post "In exactly twelve hours this Hub will close" I resigned myself to the fact that an era was over, and was thinking maybe I could mail out flash drives full of videos to fans in the future. Then I got an invitation to check out another hub so I did. Upon my arrival I found I had been registered as an OP. Still believing the hub was really closing, I was relieved that there would still be a way to get files to new fans. I went to sleep but got up to see if the hub was really closing, and right on schedule 'Happy Trails' rolled, I got disconnected and couldn't reconnect, and figured that was it. No antagonism was intended.

I realize that it's my fault the hub 'not-closed' because I have no interest in other artists. I mentioned that several time over the years. (see chat logs) Fandom is a hobby to me and no two fandoms are identical. I thought I had been following all the rules. I probably had over 99% online time. Sure, my share wasn't organized but the search tool worked to find files.

It wasn't my party and not my place to say how to run it so I didn't.