View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 10:27 AM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Based on the info I had from main chat posts, I (apparently falsely) concluded the hub had closed, and 'un-sticky-ed' the thread. Based on the new info I have, I am reversing my error. Sorry about that.
Ray: thanks for correcting that error and restoring the Hub thread. As per the arrangements I had made with two forum admins when I set up shop here years ago, I will keep an eye on messages directed toward me as I have in the past.

Conflict of interest:

"a situation in which a person is in a position to derive personal benefit from actions or decisions made in their official capacity."

-- I'd say that getting "promoted" from a VIP to OP status to encourage you to move to a splinter Hub and throw your support behind it, is by every definition of the term (other than YOURS) a "conflict of interest."

I outlined to you many times a potential pathway for promotion for you, but you claimed you weren't interested. In fact, you ignored the basic parameters of your VIP status and refused to post clips in the Hub that were available to you, but weren't being shared in the Hub. Instead, you posted them HERE in IM and required a PM to obtain the clip. That is hardly supporting the Hub, and that passive-aggressive approach by you and several others that prompted me out of frustration to clean out the "dead weight." If you guys couldn't respond to my messages, or were using my Hub's messaging system to promote your own ventures, you were OUT:

Rule #6 The OPs are here to help you. Failure to respond to their inquiries
on a timely basis will result in being kicked.

Rule #7 You are strictly forbidden to advertize other hubs or websites either in
main or personal chat without the express permission of the hub administrator.

The timeline you have outlined several times here JUST ISN'T TRUE: you joined the splinter hub BEFORE the Girl Pop Hub closed, not AFTER. In fact in violation of the Hub rules posted above, you guys used my messaging system to promote a Hub competitive to mine in my own Hub!

No, the old Hub can't come back. As good as the DC+++ protocol is, by using the port designation (1209) used by my Hub for over a decade rather than creating your own, the admins of the splinter Hub have made sure that can never happen. You CAN'T have two Hubs using the same port.

The main thing you seemed to have failed to mention is my repeated attempts to involve you in the changes to the Hub, as were the other principals in the "alternate" Alizee Hub. It was your (and their) failure to respond to repeated messages in public and personal chat that put you "out of the loop" and not some malicious attempt to exclude you guys. Since you seem to feel free to post my Hub messages here out of context, clearly you CAN retrieve one of the many messages inviting you to the new iteration of the Hub.

But that's all water under the bridge. Right now, due to ongoing security issues, I have limited the registration server for former members of the Girl Pop Hub. At a later point in time I am sure I can extend invites to NEW members too. Just follow the instructions and you'll be good to go.

Last edited by digimaze; 02-07-2017 at 11:51 AM..