View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 02:35 PM
J'adore alizee

nightbug is on a distinguished road

YES, we all need to bombard our local radio stations with requests for Alizee.

Yelle is touring the US & Canada this summer. I'm not a huge fan of hers. But it's awesome to see a French artist get some recognition in North America.

I am a huge fan of Emilie Simon. And she has a US record deal now and toured the 10 major US cities as well as the major Canadien cities last year.

DON'T ever let anyone tell you that there is not a market for French music in North America.

I'm wondering whether RCA is planning to give Psychedélicés a US release. What they should do, is throw about 5 extra bonus songs on it, J'en ai Marre and Je Pas Vingt Ans as well as the American versions of those songs and of course Moi Lolita.

It does seem strange that an artist would tour the country when their cd's are only available as imports. Unless of course, she is playing only 2 or 3 shows in the cities with a large spanish population like Miami, Houston and Los Angeles. Which unfourtunately, is probably the case. I live in Western NY, so you can see why I'm rooting for a NYC show. It's only $99 and a 75 min flight to fly there on Jet Blue.

These are the cities that Yelle is playing:
22 : Seattle (USA) War Room
23 : Portland (usa) Wonder Ballroom
24 : San Francisco (usa) Independant
26 : Indio (usa) Coachella Festival
29 : Chicago (usa) Mansion
30 : Toronto Opera House
mai 2008
02 : Montréal (Canada) Club Soda
03 : New York (usa) Highline Ballroom

I would really love to see Alizee do a 10 city US tour and a 5 city tour of Canada. I would think Alizee would be close to the same level of poularity as Yelle is in the US right now. I've been to the Opera House in Toronto and it's gen admission, the capacity is about 450.

On amazon Psychedélicés is #36 in sales for French Pop. We need to get Alizee on the radio so these numbers start climbing!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a station here in Niagara Falls thats really big on pop / alternative and they play alot of 80s dance music on Saturdays. I think Fifty Sixty would fit perfectly into their playlist.

I can't post hyperlinks till I get 5 posts on here
but it's www dot river dot fm/

What we should do is this:

post a hyperlink to your local radio station and then we should all BOMBARD them with requests for Alizee!!!!

Someone did mention that Toronto has a radio station that plays French Music 24 hrs a day. I can't get it here but will look into it.

Let's get going..... let's show RCA were serious about getting Alizee to tour North America!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by nightbug; 05-11-2008 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: misspelled words