View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Last week I embarked upon a mission to recreate the goldfish featured on Alizée's outfit in the J'en ai marre! videos. Having never illustrated anything before in my life, the task proved to be quite a lot harder than I had imagined, but was ultimately a fun and rewarding learning experience.

To start, I began collecting reference photos from what I thought was the highest quality video of JEAM I had. The pictures were small, blurry, and distorted, but gave me a decent start.

It wasn't until my first draft was finished that I came across a much better reference photo in another video that had a closer shot of the goldfish in question. It then became clear to me that the sole reason for this goldfish's existence was likely to give the cameras an excuse to show a gratuitous closeup of Alizée's bum.

Using a combination of these two reference photos, I recreated the goldfish using the vector graphics "Pen Tool" in Photoshop. The advantage of using vector graphics over other illustration methods is the ability to later enlarge the image to any desired size without a loss of resolution. More than thirty hours of work and countless revisions later, the fish was done.

My original intent was to create a vinyl graphic of the goldfish to put on my car's rear window. I'm still working on this, but in the meantime decided to have some fun and make a quick wallpaper with it.

The wallpaper is scaled and composed for a MacBook Air's resolution and GUI, but can be resized for other displays upon request.
Nice workings , not to take away from your work either and efforts at all but perhaps to help your project there is one of her CD's with the Goldfish on it . I believe one is ( considerably/considered " rare " ) even a fold out version where when you open it up is a large Goldfish . Sorry i have not time to find images but it shouldn't be too hard to locate .