View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 12:17 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I found a youtube video from 2013 that shows the wreck of the B17 mentioned above and in it, it looks like all 4 engines are there. They say this site is a memorial and people aren't supposed to remove parts of it, but they say they still have problems with people taking pieces of it, so even though it's possible an engine has since been removed, I think the engine in the first picture is from another B17 or could have even been a spare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xg5Nc04Uzw#t=252

Edit:

Going back to the first 3 pictures I posted; one was of what looked to be a small plane that you typically find in civil aviation. It had 3 models surrounding it wearing nomex uniforms such as the one when I was with a Dustoff unit. The nomex of course is fireproof. They obviously borrowed them for the shoot. I tried to look at the uniform patches to try and get a unit id off them but the pictures weren't detailed enough.

It then hit me like a ton of bricks. On a trip to Ajaccio where I flew in, I saw some twin engine planes on the other side of the field that were painted I know in mostly yellow. I'm not sure if they had red. They looked to me like either water bombers for fire fighting or crop dusting or something. I'll have to look through my pictures to see if I might have taken one.

EDIT: Found the picture; So it was in Ajaccio. These planes were on the opposite side of the runway and to the left.

Found close up pictures of these planes and they look like they are seaplanes. It must be maybe like a civil air patrol for ships in trouble or a coast guard?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-09-2016 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts