View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 01:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

What a co-incidence, I've been working on a post for the past couple of days about this. I had visited Strasbourg a couple of years ago. It's a beautiful city. I had wanted to visit it because when my father was in the army, his unit stopped here and he attended midnight mass on Christmas eve, before they eventually moved into Germany.

Here' what I had written to date.

"I've been discussing with a few other members here Les Enfoires 2014 to see who might be interested in going to next years show. So this thread is just to make very tentative plans about going to next years show. Of course it mainly depends on two things; one is that Alizée participates in it and the other that there is no Alizée concert between now and then which I'm sure everyone would prefer to go to.
So far, 3 other members have expressed an interest in going. I'll let them identify themselves if they so desire.

Last year the date (january) and location (Paris) was announced in june so hopefully something will be announced soon. Tickets didn't go on sale until november.

Tickets;

The toughest part of planning this is getting tickets. They announce a time and date when the tickets go on sale and I believe they are only sold on line. There were 3 ticket web sites where you can go. It's a difficult process which involves just trying and trying over and over again to get through. Last november, It had gotten to the point where I think all the tickets available that day had been sold, but I kept trying and what happens is some of the people who were able to get through and order tickets, have a problem paying for them, so those tickets become available again and that is how I was finally able to order a couple for the first show. I downloaded and printed out the tickets.

Now I wanted to go to two shows. The previous year at the show in Nice, I also wanted to go to two shows. I was unable to get a ticket on line. So I signed up with a reseller which is another trying process. You and who knows how many others receive an e-mail when someone wants to sell theirs. Of course the first one to respond gets the ticket.

Now the big problem here is trying to arrange to pick it up. Luckily I was able to hook up with a young lady who met me in Lyon the day before the shows started to give me the ticket. This is when you give them a code, that they then go on line to get their money.

After talking to some members of Alizeeforum, I was able to get a ticket for the second show from a German fan who had an extra. We met before the first show at his hotel which was right across the sqaure from the concert hall. Unfortunately he couldn't speak a word of English and I couldn't speak a word of German.
It seemed like this year there were many tickets availble through resellers like Zepass, but luckily I didn't have to go that route.

Here's what the ticket looked like that I downloaded from Digitik,

Hotel;

Now ideally you'd like to get a hotel as close as possible to the hall, but the closer ones are usually the pricier ones so in Lyon, I tried to save a few bucks and got one a couple of miles away. Now one thing that I failed to anticipate is that the shows run so long that after I got out, I found the subway had shut down, so I had a nice cold, long walk back to my hotel each night.

This year I made reservations at a cheaper hotel about a half mile away for the first two nights I was in Paris, then I switched to one right around the corner from the hall, the morning of the first show. Now I don't know if they do this at all shows, but I got in line around 11:30 for an 8pm show and I was able to get my hand stamped then go back to my hotel to use the bathroom.

The weather and the wait;

Unfortunately they seem to like to schedule this show for the winter. I think probably because they can get performers who are more willing to donate their time then than during the summer. It was freezing in Lyon and just a little above that in Paris. In Paris for an 8 pm show, I got there around 1 pm the first day and around 11:30 the the next. It makes a big difference getting there early. For the second show, we were about 4 rows of people from the stage and she was right there in front of us.

As far as putting up with the cold. RMJ had a nice thick looking sleeping bag which when he was done with it packed up into a relatively small bag. Those little shiny thin metalic rescue blankets help. They help to reflect your own heat but another big advantage is the way they block the wind. For the second show, I was sitting on the ground quite a while. I wish I had something like a foot and a half square dense foam pad. Next time I will.

Picture taken in Lyon the morning after the second show when I was leaving for Corsica,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So like I said, this is all tentative to just get a general idea of who might go and exchanging info so people who haven't been there will be properly prepared.
"

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-24-2013 at 01:39 PM..