View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 08:57 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I'd like to say my 2016 has been another amazing year, but it really been another routine and boring year. Actually that normally suits me well but some things need to be changing and I'm working on how that will happen. A couple of negative things have happened in the past few months. All in all, time moves along.

I have become a fan of an additional celebrity. (My second ever) I'm trying to apply some of the lessons I've learned from being an Alizée fan. The situation is different from Alizée though. With her I felt a tremendous gratitude to her when I discovered her because suddenly I was completely content with life, which I wasn't before. That seemed beneficial for a long time but hasn't proved to be in my best interest. I'm still as much an Alizée fan as I have ever been.

The new celebrity has (in my view) incredible talent and I enjoy their work. But this time I have not joined (or even viewed) any fan sites or forums. I followed on Twitter and Instagram but I have never commented on any posts. I've watched some interviews on YouTube but for the most part I'm just what I'll term a 'casual fan.'

As for my Alizée fandom, she remains important to me and I support whatever she chooses to do. I have come to feel that any efforts I do to promote her are useless. I think my participation here at AAm helps her fans and especially people who may have recently discovered her but don't understand French learn about her and her career. Maybe they just pass by and read a few things but maybe some become fans and visit the forum often as guests. No way to know that but it works for me.

I'd love to see more activity (besides the spammers) on the forum but I understand that there is so little to discuss when there is little new Alizée content coming in. Also most of us have commented repeatedly about the same topics numerous times and sometimes don't want to sound like a broken record. ( < ancient reference to vinyl audio recordings )

This doesn't quite fit into the thread but it's as good a place as any. Thanks for reading, Happy New Year!