View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 05:15 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
I don't believe there was some contract.

I think he was right... Alizée was in the shadow, she and her songs were product of Mylene, and I think that was the main problem.

I can't believe Alizée would put her career at hazard simply because she was in the shadow of Mylene. I question whether Alizee even felt she was in Mylene's shadow. Nothing in her character suggests an ego so grand that she could not tolerate Mylene getting credit for the role she played in Alizee's success. On the other hand if Alizée felt she was being cheated financially and/or if she came to a point where she simply could not stand being around Mylene for personal reasons, it's not difficult for me to see her wanting to end the relationship at any cost. The reason that Alizée has given for the breakup (that she wanted to try the music of other artists) might have played a role, but doesn't ring true to me as THE reason for their divorce. I think there is much more to it.

What distresses me most right now is that Alizee--for whatever reason--has all but disappeared from public view. It also mystifies me as to why I care so much. I've been a fan of many pop stars, but never so involved with them as Alizee. Artists come and go, and I rarely notice their absence.

Last edited by Shepherd; 12-31-2015 at 05:18 AM..