View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 11:39 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I think there absolutely had to be a contract. It's just good business sense. Mylene started working with Alizée when she was 15. What if they were 1/2 way through the first album and Alizée said I'm tired of this and want to go back to my home and my friends or if with that first album, she became an overnight success which she did, she could have easily gone to some other record company offering her more money. Or what if half way through that first album, MF said this isn't working, go back to Corsica and hopefully your dropping out of school wont damage your chances for a good education.

Both parties need protection. I'm sure there was a contract and I'm no expert on contracts, but I think RMJ was probably right in that it was for 3 albums. That seems to give each party an adequate amount of protection.

With the pictures and the captions Ray posted, as opposed to Moi Lolita which MF apparently got the approval of her parents to sing it and knew well what the story was about, with the other songs, it looks like the meaning of each song wasn't explained very well to her and she only started to understand the other meanings of the other songs, the more and more she sang them, but I'm sure she still didn't understand the fuller "alleged" meanings of these songs.

As far as disappearing from public view. I think after her separation from Jeremy, her fans were an important part of her life. There was a big void there and her fans helped to fill it. Now that void has hopefully been permanently refilled and as a direct result, there's not as much communication with us. It's only natural. She has a full life now, hopefully she wont forget about her fans the way she did back in 2004.