View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
MF/LB stands for Mylene Farmer and Laurant Boutonnat, the highly successful team who discovered Alizee and made her a star.
Thanks. It never dawned on me that they were initials. There are a lot of references to things French on this site, so my inclination was that they were acronyms for something.

Mylene is definitely a very strong and successful song writer (coincidentally, we are only off by a few weeks being the exact same age). Alizee was pretty lucky, being at the right place at the right time with her talents and looks to play the part that Mylene was looking for. Mylene was late thirties when she wrote the songs and probably knew she couldn't pull them off herself. As a rule, I don't even like pop, but Mylene's work is really good, especially with Alizee performing them.

That being said, I see your point. Even Alizee's pretty face will have a hard time selling sub-par music. I'm more into alternative rock and indie, and there are only a certain amount of artists that can continue to write spectacular music time and time again.

I think Alizee would be a wonderful fit for the style of music that Imogen Heap produces. Mature, yet sexy music.