View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 01:58 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Well that answers a lot of questions on why Alizée has said certain things about her life over the years. Example: She said in an interview that she never could have dreamed that she would ever have had the wonderful life she has now.

She really does appreciate every thing she has and earns because she grew up seeing the real world around her on Corsica. Too many people "make it" in life and seem to conveniently forget where they came from.
I don't really come from anywhere. I guess it depends on the individual. I am glad for Alizée that she has something to ground herself, something to connect to. She's going to be needing it more in the future.

According to studies, poor people aren't necessarily unhappy. They may be more happy. Of course, those studies could be crap since, I think poor generally means poor relative to those one is regularly in contact with anyway. Poor people in a third world country don't actually know much about us anyway I'd wager. How do they even know they are poor? What's poor? We have conveniences that the richest men in the world didn't have 100 years ago.

I don't know if I could live outside the city anymore, but Tolla, Fr looks nice from what I can see from outer space.

I'm glad Alizée got out of Paris proper. It has amazing and beautiful aspects, but filth as well. I saw it all the time when I was there for two months. It was depressing to think of the happy Corsican girl being subjected to that and no she did not live in some special part of the city away from all that. The poorest places in the world are the cold sidewalks where the bums sleep, wherever it is (well, maybe not poorest, but you get the point).

Dio vi salvi Regina - thanks. I like that. I've heard some that remind me of the Indian shabads that I have heard, but this one had a more medieval European sound to it.

Merci Fanny