View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 07:12 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Roman, I wasn't saying I don't like those 4 songs. (I do, and my kids prefer them over the French versions.) I was merely trying to point out why they never got played on american radio. In the competitive US music biz (now slowly dying from its fear of anything different) those songs just didn't stand a chance.

Above I'd compared "Yoopidoo" to a cute bunny in the road. The real expression I was going for is "like a deer in the headlights", but I didn't know if they'd heard that one in France.

What I'm "driving at" is that all four of those songs were deer and fawns, about to get run over by semis. A corporate radio programmer wouldn't have put them out on the US radio highway, whether they like deer or not.

(---Boy, that didn't clear up anything!)
Don't worry. I don't really need clarity of that form. We have differing opinions about her songs. Of course. There are hundreds of millions of people in the US. We can hardly speak for them all. Though yeah, her songs did not get played in the US. It's really all mute at this point.

Alizée wanted to take a shot at doing it her way and she took her shot. Good for her and a good album. If that's as far as she wants to be involved, well, that's her life. There are at least 9 years of understanding what the deal is with Alizée. That can take a long time to explain, not that I know her or anything.

If you want to do something, stay focused and remember it was your choice.

Merci Fanny