View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 04:31 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I really liked your post Roman. Very inciteful. I'm still not sure that Alizee was commenting on her own previous stuff or popular music in general and making sure that what she puts out is the best she can. I also hope that she is not minimizing her previous work because it was definitely quality and although her early stuff was pre-teen and teen experiences as we all know melodically, vocally and arrangements were pure genious. I think I see how perfectionistic she is and determined to grow as a music artist as most important above commercial success. I respect her for that a great deal. I also heard her say that she does see commercial success as important and that both can be accomplished without sacrificing quality or selling out for pure commercial success. I am also not convinced that anyone she has worked with since MF/LB are as talented as them in any way. To be fair it is hard to make the comparison since her musical style in Psych and especially EDS are quite different. Also my personal bias against electronica probably taints my objectivity. Did you catch her statement about working with professional production crew this time. Kind of sounded like a dig at Jeremy as not being a talented professional. I probably read more into it than was there though.