Thread: Behavior
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 05:26 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Why MerciAlizee......what ever brought this topic up???? For you newer members who aren't that familiar with MA, Ben I believe was the founder of this forum or if not the founder, he ran it for several years during which he absorbed most of the cost of running it. He still owns the server and though I think me and Lefty are paying most of the cost of running this forum, I wouldn't be surprised if he's still paying some of the costs.

There came a time where Ben grew too busy to run the forum, so he turned over that role to Merci Alizée. Why Merci Alizee? Well for a few reasons. First he was very knowledgeable about her the way Ray is today. He was the go to guy if you had a question about her. But the main reason was because he had great values in him. Respected everyone; never lost his temper; Seldom had a word of criticism for members or Alizee.

Aaronius13 was another great member to come along. Such a young member to have the great values he had was unusual to find. Him and MA really helped shape this forum. If MA is aggressive in any way, you wouldn't know it by his actions in this forum.

Now as far as me, I'm probably the easiest going guy in the world, but if you do me wrong.....look out. I'll give you a for instance. Last june I hurt my shoulder at work. We were trying to open up a back half of an engine . We unlatched the bottom section, then use a hydraulic hand pump to open them. Well these 'reversers' were stuck. We were walking around the engine to figure out how to get them unstuck when one let go and hit me on top of my shoulder, rupturing my rotator cuff. I had surgery in august.

So I was out a month after the operation; went back for a month of desk duty; now I'm back out. During that desk duty time, there was a night where the next morning, out of 15 departures, there were 12 delays (long story). Usually at the most we have 3 delays. So they had a meeting the next night trying to fix blame.

At that time, we had 5 guys who were either out or on some form of light duty such as me. One of these managers tried to place the blame for these injuries happening on the individuals themselves, saying they didn't follow procedures properly and maybe some of them didn't; I didn't know the particulars, but this is such a complicated job with so many rules and regulations, making that type of general accusation is unfair. So when he first accused this group of basically self inflicting their injuries, I let it pass. Then later off in the meeting, he brought if up again. This time I yelled back at him "Did I cause my injury????...Was there a procedure in the manual I didn't follow?.

Now I could've said that in a calm tactful voice, but I didn't. I yelled at the guy in a way that could've gotten me in trouble and this is a manager I like; an ex-marine who I have a lot of respect for. That's probably the first time the mechanics I work with have heard me yell at someone, because like I said; I'm probably the easiest going guy in there. But do me wrong and look out. It's not often I get that way, but when it happens, it isn't pretty.

I'll expand more on about other things that have happened in here, later in the week and believe me, I'm in no way defending it or saying it's right. It's just the way I am.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-06-2016 at 05:28 PM..