View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:25 AM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

I have thought about this same thing myself.

I would assume that it would be much the same as someone who discovers say, The Beatles today. It would be a sweet and sour kind of thing. On one hand, you find an amazing artist who moves you, but on the other, they may no longer be creating new stuff, or even alive.

I myself and many others here, have had a sort of experience like this already. We find out about Lili now, and look back at all we have missed, and there is a sense of sadness there. Sure, Lili is doing a lot these days to keep in touch, like her twitter and Instagram, but to be a fan back in the days where so many knew her, and loved her....it's something I often wonder what it would have felt like. So many interviews and performances...we get super happy over a few photos every week...imagine being around when she was PERFORMING multiple times a week.

That's why I consider myself so lucky to have found her when I did. Yes, I missed out on the early years, but at least I have been here during her active years. 10 plus years from now, someone my age may discover her, only to see that she has retired and moved to the country with her husband BrianO1 (I can dream), and would be so disappointed.

At least we can say we were part of all of it. Some have been here longer the others, but we are ALL part of the Alizée story. When that story does come to a close, it will still be kept alive in all of us.

I myself honestly look forward to the day when I'm 80 somthin years old, and my grandchild, after digging through all of my old stuff looking for some cool "antiques" comes to me with a piece of Lili memorabilia and asks "grandpa, who is this?" And I am able to sit them down and reply...

"Let me tell you the story of "l'ange de la Corse".

Ok I'm rambling......I need sleep!

Last edited by BrianO1; 11-23-2012 at 07:44 AM..