View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:27 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matevz91 View Post
Huh? Would you care to explain?
Well, I have been reluctant to tell much about this recently, but still...

I discovered her in 2007. That was first time when I had full time internet access, so I was a newb in the online world.

My friend showed me her video (JEAM and La Isla Bonita) and at first I was surprised because I had never seen such thing before. Not sure if you can guess what I was thinking, but video looked weird to me. I wasn't a type of guy who would listen to songs and watch movies. I could hardly identify any Indian singers or actors and actresses. That's why I had not much idea of a music album, single and such stage performances. My first reaction was 'what's going on and what's this girl doing'. While my friends continued watching the videos, I wasn't paying much attention and left the room. Before leaving I heard the argument between some friends about whether she is Italian or American.

Later when I noticed that many people had seen her videos, I became curious and started searching about her. Little bit of effort and I found that she is French.

I got interested and listened to her other songs. I liked those especially Amelie m'a dit very much. There was a time when I used to return back from classes and spend whole time searching about her. I could hardly understand much.

I found that she got married in 2003 and stopped singing after that. For some reason, I was very disappointed. Before that I used to tell everyone enthusiastically about her and later I felt as if everything ended before starting.