View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 02:08 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Ske Leton posted some great pictures today and he says he is uploading more to Youtube. I'm still not sure of the etiquette or protocol of posting other people's pictures or videos on AlizéeAmerica's FB page. For instance with Ske Leton, I find I'm able to post most of his pictures, but I found others were not allowed to be posted for whatever reason. So I asked him today if it was okay to repost his material, of course giving him credit. He said okay and I said I didn't even have to mention his name.

I think he's relatively new to all this, so I warned him there are people who will take his pictures and videos and put their own signature on it, making it look like they were the owners.

I also saw in here some discussion of the benefits of Facebook. I usually prefer this forum for discussion because in FB, a topic will quickly fade out of view. But with hopes of a new album fading fast or are they gone for good and things slowing down in the forum, FB offers an interesting addition to the following of Alizee's career and life. Plus with so much going on for Alizée now, we get to see a lot more pictures which are a lot easier to post on FB.

It was interesting to find out about AIFC, which seems to be by far the most active Alizée Facebook page and that's because, even though they are based in France, most of their fans are from Mexico.

It was very interesting to have a brief exchange of messages with Jo Jacotey himself over some pictures he posted. He added me as a friend and because of that, when ever he posts a picture and he posts a lot, they post on my page so I don't even have to go searching for them.

Chatting with Ske Leton who was at the carnival and the tournee show in Nice last night was interesting. I hope to get more details from him when things calm down for him.

Chez Paulo, who owns that restaurant (I'm not sure if it's still a pizzeria too) in Ajaccio because of my donation to the Mary Do charity, added me as a friend. He is very active on FB in political and cultural ways and again, anything he posts, shows up on my FB page.

Earlier last year, when it was at a relatively slow time for Alizée, it seemed like all the Alizée FB pages were pretty much the same thing. They'd post the a number of pictures and videos from the past and usually with the same small group of people posting all the time. The only good it seemed to do is keep the fans from Mexico and some of her die hard fans interested. AIFC used to post about 20 different pictures or videos a day and they were getting good results, but I don't think it was from young French fans or at least enough to make a diffrence which is what she needs.

I saw not many posts were being made in our FB page, so I started making 3 or 4 posts a day. I use material from all eras even if it was an era I wasn't that crazy about. I'm afraid if I use more, I might run out of material and when I can, I add new stuff, such as videos from SAGA or even a little clip I showed recently of an apparent screw up in a Les Enfoires show I was at, drew a surprising amount of interest.

My main hope is to keep up interest, just in case she comes to her senses and realizes the world desperately needs another album from her.

My time off from work, which will continue till April has allowed me to discover more about FB and the people who are a part of it. It's an interesting site. It has it's plusses and it's minuses, but I think it can be a great tool when properly used by the forum.