View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 06:34 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

But I feel what Aragorn has goes way beyond that, because in many of those cases of crushes or puppy love, we know little about the person.

Maybe if he had the opportunity to spend some time with her, he'd feel different, but I doubt it.
I have a quote for this. From Good Will Hunting. If you don't know it, it is a movie with Robin Williams (Sean)

"Will: [about Skylar] Don't worry about me, I know what I'm doin'. Yeah, but this girl is like, you know, beautiful. She's smart. She's funny. She's different from most of the girls I've been with.
Sean: So, call her up, Romeo.
Will: Why? So I can realize she's not that smart, that she's f***in' boring? Y'know? I mean...this girl is like f***in' perfect right now, I don't wanna ruin that.
Sean: Maybe you're perfect right now. Maybe you don't wanna ruin that. I think that's a super philosophy, Will, that way you can go through your entire life without ever having to really know anybody...My wife used to fart when she was nervous. She had all sorts of wonderful idiosyncrasies. You know what? She used to fart in her sleep. [they laugh] Sorry I shared that with you. One night it was so loud it woke the dog up. She woke up and gone like "oh was that you?" I'd say yeah...I didn't have the heart to tell her...[cracks up] Oh God...
Will: [laughing hysterically] She woke herself up?
Sean: [in hysterics himself] Yes!.... Oh Christ....aahhh, but, Will, she's been dead two years and that's the shit I remember. [Will stops laughing] Wonderful stuff, you know, little things like that. Ah, but, those are the things I miss the most. The little idiosyncrasies that only I knew about. That's what made her my wife. Oh, and she had the goods on me, too; she knew all my little peccadillos. People call these things imperfections, but they're not — aw that's the good stuff. And then we get to choose who we let into our weird little worlds. You're not perfect, sport. And let me save you the suspense. This girl you met, she isn't perfect either. But the question is: whether or not you're perfect for each other. That's the whole deal. That's what intimacy is all about. Now you can know everything in the world, sport, but the only way you're findin' out that one is by givin' it a shot. You certainly won't learn from an old f****r like me. Even if I did know, I wouldn't tell a pissant like you."

I agree with this philosophy. Every single person in this world has his/her own weird little world. That's why it's almost unthinkable to love with someone you don't know. At least I mean true love. And that is something that is not taken for granted: I think it takes a lot of time to actually understand if someone is your only love and many people don't know it even if they are married.
But as you said, we know a lot about Alizée, thanks to all the videos and other things. And there is also something very important: she is not a rondom person, she is a singer; and music can speak to your soul. So we will never know Alizée 's real personality, but I think that what I've seen from her is true, that she is really the magnificent woman I see. Obviously this isn't rational but something that comes from my (our) heart.
That's why I think I'm in love with her but I can't say if she's my true love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think what Aragorn has is truly a form of love for this woman and it's not a shallow love. What form of love it is, I don't know. Maybe if he had the opportunity to spend some time with her, he'd feel different, but I doubt it.
So would I feel different if I entered Alizée's weird world? It's impossible to say. My opinion? Absolutely yes: I'd be even more in love with her. I know that from all the little details I have seen: her nose scrunches, the way she adjusts her hair, the way she puts her hand on her side while she's singing and so on... Little things that makes her even more beautiful.

Edit:

Oh and we can call this form of love the way Jaufré Rudel does: Amor de lonh. In English it should be "Love afar"

Last edited by Aragorn97; 08-20-2019 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts