View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777
I think these three people were a perfect fit for one another. I wonder if Alizée really did want to go in a new direction musically or if she got tired of hearing people calling her an MF protege, tired of hearing people say that MF and LB were making all the decisions. I watch Alizée's en concert performance and I don't think I've seen a performer look as tremendously happy as she did during several points during the show. So I think there had to be another reason, one we'll probably never know about. Peer pressure? Did her husband influence her decision. I guess it's all water under the bridge at this point.

She probably did this, in my own opinion, to try out the music business on her own. In the years she was with Mylene and Laurent, they acted as teachers, mentors and coaches even, in the music business. They were far from just Alizée's discoverers, the Gourmandises album was indeed composed and the idea was thought of before they discovered Alizée, but I believe they continued to mold their work to fit their tastes and the appearance and pull of their new young star.

Alizée did not consider herself to be just a puppet, she considered herself a strong force between the three, for she IS the performer, she IS the singer, and that's a third of the package, and just as important as being the composer or the lyricist.

She broke off from them to write stuff that suited her, to hit the music business by herself, take what she had learned and what she had experienced into play, and test it out. So far, i'm happy with the latest album, it's not a bad effort considering it's her first headed album, however I think the fact Mylene and Laurent forged her image in the past contributed to the fact she is so reserved right now.

You go to any J'en ai Marre Youtube, just look at the comments, some are extremely vulgar, and I just sometimes can't see them because they are so rude, insulting, even sick at times...

Don't tell me that wouldn't creep you out a bit being a 19 year old at the time, and that is more than incentive to change her image to prove to the public, and to those obviously sick-minded viewers that she wants to be respected as a musician, as her own caterer of needs and musicianship, and I have the absolute most respect for that.

Perhaps Jérémy did influence her a bit, considering he was making music by himself (although his voice needs improvement), this would have been a bit of a slight confidence-builder in Alizée, considering she married someone that probably can help her get her own start. Alizée enjoyed performing, shy as she would be before getting on stage, that is perhaps the whole feel of En Concert, she just shone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria
And most young celebrities look trashy and slutty, not sexy.
I could write a book the size of 'War and Peace' about how I hate those so-called young 'idols'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria
Theres an article somewhere..where she says her favorite piece of jewelry is a watch from Mylene with an engraving. I found that very touching.
Indeed, there is no tension between the two factions (being Mylene and Alizée), I also believe in another article that she had discussed her plans to hit it on her own a while ago with Mylene, and judging from Mylene's almost lack of response towards Alizée's departure, she thoroughly respects Alizée's decision, perhaps Mylene even saw a little bit of her old life in Alizée (don't flame me, I know there's a big difference) which would lead her to support her decision, if in a non-chalant and passive way.

Last edited by TheBarrett; 06-09-2008 at 11:08 PM..