View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I also don't think they will be relocating any time soon. She could have chosen anywhere to be and she picked what she did. I don't think it's a very large place, and I don't think she accumulates much 'stuff' (besides clothes) to fill it. I was thinking that maybe they would find a larger place now but I've changed my mind about that. They would have probably done so already. Anyway, a telescope there would be amazing, but also I'm not sure they have space for it to be out and accessible. And like Scruffy said, the novelty can wear off.

I think a consumable could be better suited. I also thought maybe a gift certificate for something local, though I imagine she does a lot of her shopping in Paris. Here is the association of Rue fesch merchants. I thought they might have a gift certificate that any of their members would accept, but I'm not going to try to find out. https://fr-fr.facebook.com/comitecommercants.ruefesch I'm guessing but I think Rue fesch is aimed more towards the cruise ship tourists these days? (They recently added another anchoring point to accommodate more ships at once.)

I'm terrible at gift selection, so I'll leave that to others, but I'll add $50 to the pot for whatever is decided.