View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I think if you asked 1000 people, you'd get at least 500 different answers. I'm one of the people who never cared much for the English songs. In fact, I never listen to them. I always preferred the French versions, even when I didn't know hardly a word of French. The music always comes first for me, but lyrics are almost as important to me. I wonder how many of my fellow Americans out there have the same inclinations as me? I know I'm not the only one. There is no such thing as "one" in nature.

Part of the charm in discovering Alizée's music for me was the puzzle it offered me in figuring out what it was she was really singing. Each song provides me with that extra bit of a sense of discovery and adventure. And I have found both MF's and Jean Fauque's words very interesting. Most of these songs are not just stupid pop lyrics.

The other thing I would say is, I think the English versions of the MCE songs were written for people whose SECOND language is English. These songs were probably not meant for the USA or maybe even the UK specifically. Just my opinion...

Anyway, having said all that, I hope she has included an English song on her new album. Not a translated song or alternate version, but one that was written in English. I know it's doubtful, but still I hope...