View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Lilly's Musketeer

D'Artagnan is on a distinguished road

I'm a bit of a latecomer to this thread, but here goes...

Up until Oct 2007 I had only heard of Alizée through my brother - who one day showed me 2 or 3 pics and played me an mp3 of "I'm fed up". I found it cute, but somehow forgot about it.
In Oct 2007 I bought a 2nd hand computer from a friend at work - who gave me a few music videos as bonus.
The 1st clip I saw was the "J'en ai marre" performance of 15 March 2003. She blew me away. I thought she was just super sexy, super charming and a super talented singer / dancer. The french version of the song was also exquisitely more appealing.
The 2nd clip, was a performance of "J'ai pas vingt ans" in an outdoor stage near the coast, in Holland - a clip that I do not see on the forum !
Her energy, agility and vitality was just amazing.
But the clincher was the "A contre-courant" performance of 6 Sep 2003.
I fell head over heels for that ethereal smile and warm, luminous eyes - especially during the music interlude. I absolutely loved everything about the song and her delivery of it too. During the interview she was just so cute - I just wished I could reach into the screen, throw her over my shoulder, carry her home and live happily ever after. (Later, to my dismay, I found out that she was married, of course).
After that, naturally followed ordering Gourmandises, Mes Courants Electriques and the En Concert DVD (which cost me a fortune and took 3 very long months to arrive), then flying 10,000km to Europe to buy Psychédélices (which is simply not available in SA) and of course visiting a very rain flooded Ajaccio, Corsica from 28-31 May 2008 and watching Lilly perform live at the NRJ Music Tour at the Arena de Genève on 5 June 2008.
After all this time, there is still hardly a day that goes by, that I do not listen to her music or watch video clips of her. I simply can't get enough of the amazing phenomenon that is Alizée. Now I'm just counting the days to the release of her new album...