View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 02:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I have been wondering about how you are faring, being that you had posted a number of times that you are an airline mechanic. Early retirement packages are cheaper for the company, but you might have to give up something as well. It might be worthwhile to get what you can now, because who knows if AAL will be around at the end of the year? They are expecting to be bailed out like the rest of the airlines, and in my opinion they should. They were ordered to not operate their business, and reducing headcount suggests that once they are allowed to fully operate again, they are not expecting to offer the same amount of flights as before.
I'm sure they'll be around. Maybe they'll go into bankruptcy again at some point. I believe we have the largest fleet in the world and they've already said they'd be getting rid of their 757s, 767s and Embraer 190s.

What a liability it must be for the airlines that operate the A380. Airbus and their 380 customers were lucky there wasn't enough interest to build a second batch of those planes.