View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

If you compare the En Concert dance routines to what she did in the Psyche era Mexican concerts, then I would say the dancing has dropped off significantly for live concerts. There was no UEDS era live concerts and so far there have been no "5" era live concerts to compare to En Concert. So I guess the jury is still out on this and we will have to judge if or when she does a "5" era live concert tour. But I still feel that TV performances of singles is not the same as a live, fully choreographed concert setting, and should be judged separately.

If we compare TV performances of singles, then I think JEAM and JPVA are fully choreographed. All the others, (if I'm not forgetting one) from all eras have been more of the "dance mostly in one place with some added hand gestures" kind of thing. So if I have the count right, she had a complete choreographed dance routine for 2 out of 12 singles, and both of those were from the MCE album. PTB, she sat on a chair. ML, she sometimes moved around quite a bit while performing. One performance of MJ she moved around quite energetically.

I haven't considered performances of cover songs, because I consider them in a separate category, since I assume the producers of those shows determined or influenced the choreography, and not Alizée or her team.

So I guess I'm waiting to see what she does for a "5" concert tour. If she has a tour, will she dance like En Concert? I don't know, but if she ends up in smaller, more intimate venues, then my guess is there will not be much dancing, if at all. And the way things are going with "5" right now, I am not expecting any live concerts at all.

Edit: Oh, I didn't see your post MA until after I posted. I forgot about those MJ dance performances. So that makes 3 out of 12.

Last edited by lefty12357; 07-07-2013 at 02:22 PM..