View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 07:52 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That is an interesting story. Kind of reminds me of some of the spam I get on almost a daily basis. Amazon is one name they often use saying there's a problem with you account, click here to sign in. I made the mistake of clicking on that but luckily nothing happened at that point but they want you to sign in with your username and password and I see right away the return address has nothing to do with Amazon and that's as far as that went.

I got one the other day from what was supposed to be my insurance company with who I have an auto and home policies. It said your house policy payment is late and in danger of cancellation. I thought, yeah right! I'm not falling for that because I know I paid my bills at the beginning of the month. Still I went to their website and sure enough my house policy was in arrears! What happened was I mixed up my payments and sent the lower car payment towards my house policy and it wasn't enough to cover it. So it's a good thing I didn't blow it off as being another scam.
Yes It is always a good policy to check the Originator of an email by placing your mouse pointer over the purported originator "From" section of an incoming email. That should give you an indication of who sent it and if it is a valid email ! If the originator of the email appears to be spurious, then it is better to delete the email without opening it ! As you say scruffy; It is better to go to the actual web address of the concerned company and check if what they say is true !