View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 10:20 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Trying to read through the Bing translation, looks like the hotels financially are doing okay but that might be threatened by a tax break they'll be losing in the next few years, but overall they have a good tourist industry there.

I guess one of the main places they would get visitors from is Italy, but that has dropped off. I'm sure due to economic conditions there. I have a co-worker who's Italian and he goes back every year to the Naples area where he has a second home. He's often spoke of how bad things are there economy wise. He just got back last week from this years trip. When ever I get back to work, I'll have to get an update.

It also said most hotels are privately owned which helps keep costs down and the health up of the industry. There are not many big hotels there, maybe because the industry is very seasonal.

Air traffic is slowly overtaking marine traffic which I think can be expected.

The ferry is a pleasant trip over. When I went, I opted to take one at night that arrived early in the morning. There was one leaving from Marseille around 9pm and one leaving from Nice around midnight. I opted for the 9pm one so I could get more sleep on the way over, but after getting on board, I found the one that leaves from Marseille goes over to Nice and leaves from there. Less sleep but more to see.